Plan Your Visit
Split Rock Lighthouse has been attracting visitors nonstop since the 1920s, and for good reason. Start planning your visit today!
- Don't forget your camera and hiking shoes. The historic site and adjacent state park offer spectacular views of the lighthouse and Lake Superior, both from the cliff top and from along the shoreline.
- Weather can be unpredictable on the North Shore, with cooler temperatures even in summer. Prepare for your visit by dressing in layers.
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems are prohibited.
- No smoking/vaping, food, or beverages on the historic grounds.
- Service animals are permitted. Pets are not allowed on the historic site.
- A state park vehicle permit is required whenever the historic site visitor center is closed.
Health & safety
Our top priority is to maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- We continue to regularly clean high-touch surfaces and provide hand-sanitizing stations for visitors.
- We respect each individual’s decision regarding face masks. While masks are not required, we welcome staff and visitors who choose to wear them.
- If you are feeling sick or have flu-like symptoms, please visit us another time.