You will find resources and additional information regarding volunteering at the Minnesota Historical Society on this page. Please check back often for updated information.
New phone? New address? Let us know.
Help us stay in touch with you. Please let us know if there has been a change in your phone number, address, email address, emergency contacts or employer. Take a moment to update your record here: VicNet for Volunteers
If it is your first time using VicNet or if you have forgotten your user name, enter your email for the username and select "Need a password" link to sign in. If you have questions email us at email@example.com.
We love our volunteers! MNHS volunteers receive rewards and other perks. Special events, educational opportunities, and discounts are just some of the ways we recognize our volunteers.
Perks For All Active Volunteers
- Free admission to special exhibit previews, tours, and classes
- Free parking & pro-rated bus passes for active volunteers
- 10% discount at all museum stores
- Two double discount weeks in the year
- MNHS orientation including a behind-the-scenes collections tour at the Minnesota History Center
- Recognition events & special programs exclusively for volunteers
- Access to break areas on days when you are volunteering
- 20% food & beverage discounts at the Minnesota History Center's Grab and Go
Show your nametag to receive most of the perks.
Volunteers With 50+ Annual Hours
Volunteers who contribute 50+ hours of service during one calendar year earn free household admission to all MNHS historic sites and museums. These volunteers receive a special volunteer ID card at the end of the year, which can be used as a pass for free admission for the following year.